Class of 2024 Information
FAFSA Night 2/21/24
HCHS will host a FAFSA night on Wednesday, February 21st at 6pm in the Media Center. Representatives from NFC Financial Aid office will be on hand to assist students and families in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students and Parents will need to request their Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) and set up their account at least three (3) days prior to the FAFSA night.
Visit the HCHS Guidance Schoarship and Financial Aid Page for additional information and resources.
Senior Scholarship Information Meeting 2/1/24
Senior Class of 2024 Scholarship Information Meeting was held on Thursday, February 1st at 9am in the HCHS Auditorium Students were given a red folder containing important documents including (click each document to view):
Click the link to view the recording of the presentation: http://tinyurl.com/HCHSScholarshipMeeting2024
FAFSA Night Flyer
HCHS Scholarship Student Information Sheet (found on the HCHS Scholarship & Financial Aid webpage-see link below)
HCHS Scholarships Common Application (found on the HCHS Scholarship & Financial Aid webpage-see link below)
Visit the HCHS Scholarship & Financial Aid page to learn more.
Senior Orientation 7/25/23
Click the link to watch the video recording of the Senior Orientation Presentation https://youtu.be/M2pq4ILDVXQ
Below are the handouts provided at Senior Orientation:
Cap & Gown Orders
HCHS graduation is scheduled for Friday, May 17th. Students MUST order a cap and gown from Herff Jones in order to participate in HCHS graduation ceremony. All students are required to wear a cap and gown purchased exclusively through Herff Jones. Students may not wear borrowed regalia or regalia purchased from alternative vendors.
Deadline to purchase Cap and Gown to participate in HCHS graduation ceremony is Thursday, February 1st.
Herff Jones representatives will be at HCHS on Thursday, November 2nd to meet with Seniors at 9am in the HCHS Auditorium to review Cap, Gown and Graduation Packages. Representatives will return November 9th and 10th for students to place orders during High School lunches in the HCHS Cafeteria.
Class Ring Orders
Class rings may be purchased by visitng www.herffjones.com
- Transcript Request Form - PLEASE NOTE: All transcript requests require a minimum processing time of 1-2 business days before transcripts are available. Completed forms should be submitted to the Guidance Data Clerk, Mrs. Niki Martin at [email protected] Transcript Request Fillable Form Updated 7-24-23.pdf (179.3 KBs)
- Senior Spring Calendar of Important Dates and Events - Senior Spring Calendar 2024.pdf (187.0 KBs)
- Graduation Plan 2024 - This document includes important details and logistics regarding Class of 2024 Grad Walk, Baccalaureate, and Graduation Ceremonies. An Inclement Weather Plan is also included. Seniors were given a copy of this document at their Senior Class Meeting on 8/12/23. Graduation Plan 2024.pdf (212.1 KBs)
- Standard Diploma Requirements Class of 2024-2026.pdf (365.5 KBs)
- HS Course Progression 24 Credit 2024-2026.pdf (122.9 KBs)
- HS Course Progression 24 Credit 2024-2026 SPANISH.pdf (115.6 KBs)
- State Assessment Requirements with Fall Test Dates.pdf (103.0 KBs)
- State Assessment Requirements with Fall Test Dates SPANISH.pdf (148.4 KBs)
- HCSD Graduation Honors Policy-Edited 9-1-22.pdf (238.4 KBs)
Class of 2024 Resources/Opportunities
The Common Application is an undergraduate college admission application that applicants may use to apply to any of more than 900 member colleges and universities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, China, Japan, and many European countries. Visit the Common Applciation website at https://www.commonapp.org/.
Common Black College Application
College Application Fee Waivers
Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR)
The Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR) allows students to self-report to colleges/universities courses and grades that have been completed, or will be attempted (e.g., senior year courses in-progress), for high school credit. Since accuracy is important, please use an unofficial transcript/grades report (e.g., online report card) or score report as a reference when you complete the SSAR.
To create an account visit https://ssar.selfreportedtranscript.com/Login.aspx
BigFuture Scholarships (CollegeBoard)
Watch this video on the BigFuture Scholarship opportunity (previously called CollegeBoard Opportunity Scholarship).
Learn more and get started at bigfuturescholarships.org
Talented Twenty Program
The Talented Twenty Program is part of the Governor’s Equity in Education Plan. The purpose is to guarantee admission to one of the 12 state universities for students who succeed in their respective public high schools and to encourage students to strive for better grades and pursue rigorous academic courses. Please click on the link for additional information: Talented Twenty Program.
In order to qualify for the Talented Twenty Program, the student must:
- Be enrolled in a Florida public high school and graduate with a standard diploma.
- Be ranked in the top 20% of the class after the posting of seventh semester grades.
- Submit test scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Reasoning Test or redesigned SAT scores from the College Board or the American College Testing(ACT), Plus Writing score from ACT Inc. prior to enrollment to a university in the State University System (SUS). No minimum score is required.
- Complete all eighteen high school units as listed in the regulations for state university admission.
There is no application for the Talented Twenty Program. Transcripts of potentially eligible students are submitted by the district/school for evaluation.