Junior Class of 2024 Information
Junior Orientation/Parent Night 9/8/22
BigFuture Scholarships (CollegeBoard)
Watch this video on the BigFuture Scholarship opportunity (previously called CollegeBoard Opportunity Scholarship).
Learn more and get started at bigfuturescholarships.org
National Merit Scholarship Program
The National Merit® Scholarship Program, conducted by National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC®), is an annual academic competition for recognition and college undergraduate scholarships. Established in 1955, nmsc is a privately financed not-for-profit organization that operates without government assistance.
The competition is open to all U.S. high school students who meet published participation requirements. Scholarship winners are chosen on the basis of their abilities, skills, and accomplishments—without regard to gender, race, ethnic origin, or religious preference.
The goals of the National Merit Scholarship Program are to:
- identify and honor academically talented U.S. high school students and encourage them to pursue rigorous college studies;
- provide professional services for corporations, company foundations, colleges and universities, and other individuals and organizations that wish to sponsor scholarships for outstanding participants in the competition;
- promote a broader and deeper respect for learning in general and for exceptionally talented individuals in particular;
- stimulate increased support for the education of scholastically able students; and
- encourage the pursuit of academic excellence at all levels of education.
Although a sizable number of National Merit Scholarships are underwritten by NMSC with its own funds, the majority of scholarships awarded in the National Merit Program are sponsored by about 400 corporate organizations and higher education institutions. Since 3 the first scholarships were awarded in 1956, the educational opportunities of thousands of academically talented young people have been enhanced by the support of scholarship sponsors.
The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered to all HCHS Juniors on Wednesday, October 12th.
Class Ring Orders
Herff Jones representative will meet with Juniors on Wednesday, October 26th at 8:15AM (1st period) in the HCHS Auditorium to review Class Ring options.